Morrow, Morrow, Ryan, Bassett & Haik Launches Scholarship Program
August 12, 2014 @ 5:34 pm
Morrow, Morrow, Ryan, Bassett & Haik recently launched a scholarship program for students in St. Landry and Evangeline parishes. The program’s goals are to encourage applicants to pursue a degree and then seek employment within those two parishes.
“We have available jobs in St. Landry and Evangeline parishes that can be filled by individuals right here at home,” Pat Morrow said. “They just need an opportunity, and that is what we are trying to provide for them.” He added the firm intends to award scholarships annually.
The firm recognized its first six scholarship winners at a reception on August 12, 2014. Each $2,500 scholarship is a one-time award for a single academic year.
The recipients for the 2014 Scholarships are listed below:
• Amelia Artall, Opelousas, LSU – Major: Kinesiology
• Lynnquitta Babineaux, Lawtell, LSUE – Major: Nursing
• Natalie Berzas, Port Barre, ULL – Major: Business Management
• Sarah Fisher, Washington, LSU – Major: Business
• Marci Hargroder, Opelousas, LSU – Major: Graphic Design
• Eryn Noel, Opelousas, ULL – Major: Education
Determining factors for the scholarships include academic background, maturity of the applicant, financial need, community involvement, availability of resources, funding, and the applicants’ chosen career field. Applicants must be permanent residents of St. Landry or Evangeline parishes. The Opelousas General Health System Foundation is operating the scholarship program.